I’ve been a bit busy lately, so I couldn’t blog very much. As you know, I’ve finally submitted my cupcake pictures for the contest. So please support me by voting my cupcakes. The link is here. Aaaaaaand… you can actually do it everyday.. Yay!! 🙂 It’ll be a big support for me, since I never really win anything before. And I think I did a better job than some people there (but they still have more voted than me 😦 ) This is the time when I feel like I don’t have family and friends to support me. How sad 😦
Back to the recipe, I had my cooking mood when I made this. Because a bit more work than just normal fried chicken. You need to boil and simmer it first then deep fry. Trust me, you won’t regret this. Because you can taste the spices even in the meat. So nice. And you can make lots of them, and store in the freezer. Just defrost a bit before you fry it. Voila! You have nice fried chicken 🙂 Oh, just a quick note, this is just my another made-up-recipe. You can look for the proper recipe somewhere out there 😛
1kg chicken (any parts)
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 lemon grass
2 bay leaves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cm galangal
200 ml coconut milk
– Put chicken and all the spices in a pot, the add cold water (enough to cover 3/4 of the chicken).
– Bring it to the boil (you need to stir the chicken once in a while, so the top will be cooked too).
– Add coconut milk and turn the heat down, simmer for at least 10 minutes.
– Leave the chicken to cool down in the pot with the broth.
– Take it out from the broth. Then deep fried it. Or you can store them in the freezer too 🙂
In the picture I ate it with pecel, but I can’t post it yet. Since so far I’ve been cheating on the sauce. I used ready sauce from my mum’s friend. Really good. And I have none left now, means I have to make it my self next time I want to eat pecel, then I’ll post the recipe for you 🙂