Tuesday is my favourite school day (not sure if I’ve mentioned this before) because my daughter’s school starts at 9.40 every tuesday. That give us plenty of time to enjoy breakfast and getting ready. And also writing a blog post 😀
I know peach is a summer fruit but I made this back in late September. And why I just posted this now? Because the photos were “lost” in the camera. I just found them few days ago and edited them right away.
Since I have some other things to do today, I’ll go straight to the recipe. I used the recipe from here. And modified it a little bit.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cold salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp cold milk
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- Combine all dry ingredients and butter in food processor and pulse until blended (crumbly). Add egg wand water at the same time. Pulse a few more times until it forms a dough.
- Prepare the working surface, dust with some flour, form the dough into a ball (do not knead it) and then flatten it a little bit.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and let it rest for around 2 hours in the fridge.
- Pour the milk into a pot, add caster sugar and vanilla.
- Take around 2 tbsp of the milk (from the pot) to dissolve corn starch in a small bowl.
- Pour the corn starch into the pot.
- Heat it over a medium heat until thick. Stir constantly to avoid burn at the bottom of the pot.
- Let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Take the dough out from the fridge, put it on a baking paper (so it’s ready to transfer to baking tray once you’re done assembling). Flatten it until the size you desire, in my case I’m preparing it for around 20cm in diameter when it’s done. So make it around 26cm in diameter.
- Starting from the outer, place the sliced peach one by one, until you reached the middle.
- Sprinkle some sugar on the peach (you can skip the sugar if the peach are sweet).
- Fold the extra dough onto the peach.
- Brush the dough with some beaten egg and sprinkle some light brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Take out from the oven and let it cool down a little bit.
- Serve it with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream.
Until next time ^^