Good morning from almost-everyday-is-a-grey-day Gothenburg. We can definitely feel that autumn is here. My favourite season. It’s pretty, cozy and there’s something magical about autumn.
I’m going to share super easy drink for summer (sigh, yes, for summer, next year hopefully). Well, I’ve made the drink here a while back ago. As you can see, the photos are slightly unusual. It’s dark and look kind of dramatic. That was the reason it never made it to the blog, because I didn’t like the result that much. And so it ended up in the computer file, forgotten and abandoned.
Until, one day the theme from a photography group I joined with in instagram was a drink. The only drink I have in this blog is this passion fruit drink. And then I suddenly remembered I have made this watermelon fizz long long time ago 😛
So I searched for the photos and found them. And when I looked at them, they don’t look that bad anymore 😛 Or maybe my food photos taste changed a little bit since then? I don’t know. But anyway, they made it to the blog today. Yay!
The recipe for this drink is super easy. Only need 3 ingredients.
Watermelon fizz (non alcoholic)
- 1 medium size seedless watermelon (around 2-3kg)
- 1 bottle of sprite (500ml)
- 1 lemon (slice half and squeeze the juice out from the other half)
- If you want to serve the drink in the watermelon, cut the top a little bit and scrape all the meat out, leaving only the rind. If you want to serve it in a jug then it doesn’t matter how you cut it.
- Put the meat in a blender and blend until smooth (it’s pretty quick).
- Pour the juice back into the rind or jug. Repeat until everything is done.
- Add sprite or any soda you like. And lemon juice. Stir and taste.
- Add sliced lemon. Serve cold.
note: You can always add more or less soda as well as the lemons, depending how you like it.
So, what do you think about the photo style? Should I try it more or not? And don’t forget to follow me on my instagram too 🙂
Until next time ^^