Another recipe from a Korean Show. This one is a loooooot easier than the previous one.
When I saw this in the show, I know I had to make it, just because it looked very easy to make. Doesn’t hurt to try, eh?
I don’t have much to say about this one. I guess you can already imagine how it tastes. The original recipe used ham, but since I don’t eat pork, I used chicken and turkey mortadella here.
Easy Egg & Mortadella Stuffed Bread
Cost: SEK 5
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of mortadella
- grated cheese
- sliced spring onion (optional)
- ketchup (optional)
- Stack 2 slices of bread together. Poke and press the middle part with your finger to make a hole for the egg. It will now look like a bowl.
- Place 1 slice of mortadella at the bottom and then crack an egg.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese and microwave for 1 minute on high. If you like well done egg, cook it for 80 seconds.
- Serve with ketchup and sliced spring onion.
note: Depending on your microwave, you might want to adjust the cooking time. My microwave gave me slightly still runny egg for 1 minute on high and very well done (as shown in the photos) for 80 seconds. And the spring onion here is just to give you a lighter and fresher taste.
Surprisingly it tasted… like bread and egg 😀
Rather than making it as a night snack, I prefer to have it for breakfast. This is perfect if you like a warm breakfast but don’t like the fuss.