Just a short post today. An idea for weekend snack.
I’ve seen some spinach crisps’ recipes from all the blogs I’m following and always felt like making them, but as usual, no cure for laziness 😛 Until one day when I was shopping in the supermarket close to where I live, they sell big spinach. Huge leaves. And the moment I saw them I knew that I had to make them into crisps.
After searching from so many recipes, I finally decided to make the crisps in Indonesian style.
The result was very crunchy crisps and my daughter liked it a lot (she like everything crunch crunch :P). The only bad thing is making them took a while but when you start munching them, they disappear very quick 😀
I adapted the recipe from here.
- spinach (pick big ones)
- 200g rice flour
- 100g tapioca flour
- 300ml water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 kafir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- Wash the spinach and dry gently.
- In a bowl, place the flour, water, egg yolk, coriander seed, garlic powder, lime leaves, salt and pepper. Mix well with a hand whisk. Taste.
- Heat your oil. Take 1 spinach leaf, dip it in the batter and fry until light brown (NOT golden brown). Take it out from the oil. Repeat the process.
- If they’re not crunchy enough for you, place them in the oven from about 5 minutes in 180 C. Let it cool down and store in jar / container.
Note: If you’re a vegan, you can skip the egg yolk, it won’t change the texture or taste very much 🙂