As I mentioned in my post before, I’m going a bit crazy with summer fruits especially strawberries at the moment. Plus, my daughter is a huge fan of strawberries too. Ever since the super market start selling fresh strawberries with reasonable price, we always have them in the fridge, so my daughter can eat them anytime she wants 🙂
Actually, I’m not a big fan of rhubarb, not that I hate it either. But if I can avoid it, then why not? 😛
Unfortunately hubby is. So I bought rhubarb and make dessert just special for him (you see how much I love him? lol). I only bought like 2 small stalks for hubby. And I knew that I wanted to make him a rhubarb crumble.
After the rhubarb compote almost done, it looked so very little (should have know that), so I added some of strawberries to add the amount of the compote.
By the way, I’m so sorry that I can’t really give you the recipe for the compote. I just add stuffs and taste it. Always like that and I never remember to write down what I put in my compote. I only cut the rhubarb into 2cm thick and cut strawberries into 4. Add vanilla, sugar, lemon and water. But I don’t remember the exact amount.
As for the crumble, I’ve made this so many times and I always liked it. It’s nice, crunchy and not that sweet. Just perfect for my taste. Tell what do you think about it, if you want to try the crumble recipe 🙂
100g ground almond
250g plain flour
100g caster sugar
100g demerara sugar
– Preheat your oven to 170C.
– Mix all together by hands or standing mixer until it forms a wet bread crumbs consistency.
– Spread the crumble mixture on the baking tray.
– Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. The mixture will look like a big dough now.
– Take the tray out and start breaking the dough with spatula so it will be crumbly again.
– Put back the tray to the oven and back for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the colour is nice light brown.
– Cool it down before you use it.