So, I was wondering what should I do with tilapia fillet in my freezer. I almost always have them in my fridge. Because I like to eat fish and chips a lot (thanks to Britain, that I got that habit when I lived there). But I always make it pan fried or baked. Not the proper deep-fried with tons of batter. Also with roasted potato instead of fries.
Then, I was looking everywhere to find recipe to use my tilapia. And I found this recipe. Luckily I had some tortilla in my pantry. Why not try this recipe then? I recommend you to visit this site. All the recipes she has there is low-fat. Complete with GDA thingy. But because me and hubby are a bit picky, I skipped some of the ingredients from the original recipe.
600g tilapia fillet
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups diced tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper
1 pack tortilla, your choice
1 cup diced cucumber
– In a big pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and saute garlic and onion.
– Place the fish in the pan, cook for 1 minute on each side.
– Add tomatoes and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
– When everything is cooked, add lemon juice. Stir well.
– Serve with tortilla and diced cucumber.